Sunday 21 April 2013

A Weekend Of Dog Days...

So this was a weekend of dog days. The sun was shining, it feels like Spring is really just around the corner and my days had a real canine slant.

I loved it.

This pic here makes me smile. Storm and I have been doing our homework for Sarah Miles like the diligent students we are. Recalls, waits, we've worked hard this week. Sarah has wanted me to practice moving to Storm's side and holding her in position and we've been doing that with more success ad the week's gone on. And it's the look on Storm's face that gets me every time. Her eyes lock onto mine, she waits and watches until I smile and praise. It's fabulous.

Today, I went to an event run by Pets In Practise all about dog behaviour theory in the 'real world'. It was brilliantly hosted by Kris Glover who was friendly, knowledgeable and great company for a thoroughly entertaining day. It was really through provoking and incredibly interesting. I think I've got lots to learn and I have a shopping list of books to get through!

I'm typing this now from my corner of the sofa with Storm sprawled out next to me. She's sleeping, twitching and re-living her weekend too. I think these dog days meet with her approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment