Friday 12 April 2013

First Training Session Ahead...

I've been reading Pippa Mattinson's excellent book 'Total Recall' and so went for a little nosey around Pippa's website. Like Storm following a scent, that led me neatly to The Gundog Club.

Whilst I didn't buy Storm to 'work' as a gundog, there's simply no denying it's in her genes so harnessing her built in abilities for training seems like a good idea to me. Training has always appealed too as a bonding exercise and I'd like Storm to be well mannered and well behaved wherever we go. But, I know that I'm no expert and I certainly need more training than Storm does. And if we end up out with the guns or not, we'll both be better trained.

So, I had a hunt around on The Gundog Club site and their list of trainers and got in touch with the one nearest me, Sarah Miles. And hurrah, I feel already that I've found my ideal trainer! Sarah replied to my mail quickly and has been so friendly and helpful, it's wonderful. She also has a Labrador from the same breeder as Storm and has given me lots of information in a flurry of e-mail. I'm so happy to have got in contact with Sarah.

Anyway, the upshot of all this is that Storm and I are off for our first session with Sarah on Monday and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment